Don't we all deserve a spa moment to elevate our day? It not only feels good to add small delights to your routine, it can also allow you to feel more connected to your senses.
I strongly believe that feeling connected to your senses translates into increased confidence that is palpable and powerful.
So, don't we all deserve to elevate our day, or even to rescue a dreadful day and add a bright spot?
Yes, we do!
Don't even need to think about it!
And I would submit that these small moments are also what make a life truly dimensional and beautiful.
(strictly PG - I'm sure you can handle any other ideas on your own :D )
1. Grab some beautiful flowers to add color and scent to your home or workplace
2. Switch to an essential oil perfume. Rose is traditional, but you can even create your own blends and put them in a necklace diffuser
3. Paint something. Don't make a big deal of it. Just get some craft paints and use thick paper or a canvas and really focus on the feeling of the paint on the paintbrush spreading onto your canvas. Be present and enjoy without judgement
4. Take a sensory bath adding a wonderful, non-toxic product like a homemade bath bomb or an organic bath treat and add some candles to create a soft atmosphere (if you are going to use essential oils - *please* use organic, ensure they are appropriate for use on the skin, and mix with something like epsom salt to ensure that it doesn't just puddle on the water and irritate your skin!)
5. Cook a soup or vegetable dish that takes a small amount of preparation and really experience the sights, sounds and smells. Chop fresh herbs and enjoy both the aroma and the sounds of chopping. Just tune in and be present as much as possible.
I hope this little list gets your creative juices flowing.
What occurs to you for adding sensory delights to your day?
Of course, I am spoiled with my NYR Organic shelf in my house I can pick a new delight every day. It might be a Jasmine and Ylang Ylang Body Cream after a shower or a spritz of my White Tea Facial Mist after a walk in the summer heat. I can pick between my Bee Lovely hand cream or my Wild Rose hand cream because, of course, I had to buy the whole set. I'm not saying this to tease you! I want you to know the many joys of NYR Organics, too, so feel free to comment below for a free sample set. I'd love to send you a sensory treat right away.
Any other ideas to share? It is always a treat to hear from you all!